This Chicken, Sweet Potato & Kale Stew is one of the first recipes I made for my husband when we were dating + engaged. Over the years it's become a staple, especially for those chilly, wintery days. I don't have any pretty pictures to convince you of it's deliciousness, but I assure you, it's a recipe you'll want to add to your repertoire, especially if you're a sweet potato aficionado like us!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 Tbsp almond flour
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Small Sweet Onion, chopped
1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
2 Cups Sweet Potato, peeled & coarsely chopped
1 1/2 Cups chicken broth
3 Cups Kale, coarsely chopped
Makes: 4 (1 1/4 cup) servings
1) Toss chicken, flour, thyme, salt & cayenne pepper in a medium bowl until chicken is coated.
2) Heat large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add oil, heat until hot. Add chicken mixture, cook and stir 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on outside.
3) Add onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and broth; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in Kale, cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and the veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
5) Invite us over to share a bowl!